What is it?
Simple. Help, support and monitoring for your application from our professional team. We get your application back online as fast as possible when it breaks, for a simple fixed monthly price.
Everyone know having your application offline turns away customers, fast. That is why we use hosting companies or in house development team to care for our application and keep it live.
But is that enough?
With Sentinel you get the knowledge of our combined operations team on call to get broken applications running again, as well as our team of developers to help permanently fix any problems you wish us to handle.
If you have a Rails application helping support your organisation’s operations, you have no doubt invested a lot of time and resources into it. There is also a lot of accumulated knowledge about how the system operates, how it is deployed and system quirks.
Sentinel provides a high degree of risk mitigation. Developers will move on taking valuable systems knowledge with them. It is good to have an external team who understand your system on hand, close by, if the unexpected happens.
What does the setup process involve?
Setting up sentinel costs $1,950 per application. This includes a number of key things that we have found to be sorely needed through supporting many, many Ruby on Rails applications. These things, if done, identify key security issues in your application in advance, and also allow any developer (not just reInteractive) to quickly get your code running on their development environment and start fixing problems that may come up.
The setup fee includes:
- Creating application specific developer documentation, also called a README. reInteractive have a special README format that includes all the things that any new developer on your project needs to get started. This greatly reduces the time required for a fresh developer to start working on your application and pays for itself many times over during the life of your application.
- Running your application through Rails security testing software to rapidly identify key security issues in your application and then providing you with a report with key action items.
- Setting your system up on our alerting and monitoring software to make sure we know immediately when your application goes down.
What do I get monthly?
Sentinel is a support package for your web application. Sentinel clients receive the following service on a monthly basis:
- What ever it takes to get your application running again if it goes down.
- Exception monitoring of your application through our exception monitoring service, providing our developers with alerts any time your application fails critically for support where requested.
- Uptime monitoring of your website through our Still Alive service (https://stillalive.com) or an alternate service where the application is not accessible on the internet.
- Your application environment documented internally at reInteractive so our systems administration team understand your specific setup and can rapidly respond to problems if they arise without any ramp up costs.
- Monthly inspection and report of your hosting environment to check on issues such as disk space, capacity and database backups.
How much does it cost?
We have tried to keep this as simple as possible while also providing for the more complex applications.
The base cost is $250 per month with a $1,950 setup. Then you add additional applications and hosts depending on the complexity of your service per the following table:
|Setup Fee per App Environment:||$1,950 ($950 for apps developed wholly by reInteractive)|
|Monthly business hours support:||$250/month (1 app on 1 instance/host)|
|Additional apps and hosts:||$125/month|
|Development Rates:||discounted by $20-$80/block|
Business hours are 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday Australian Eastern Standard Time excluding public holidays. 24 x 7 support is also available at 250% of the standard monthly support cost.
the reInteractive review
Our monthly newsletter is packed full of interesting tidbits, goings on, and technical advice. Fill in your email address to subscribe!